This five-part webinar series provides PK-5 elementary educators with professional development in teaching the Jane Schaffer Academic Writing Program to elementary students.
The first session introduces educators to the JSWP common terminology and color-coding. Participants will learn the program's essential elements, which set the path for students to communicate their learning through discussion, pictures, words, and sentences in all content areas.
The second through fifth sessions will train teachers in the four major modes of writing:
- personal and fictional narrative;
- expository and fictional writing, including non-text-based, text-based, summary and how-to;
- opinion / persuasive writing; and
- response to literature.
In this workshop, participants will learn
- the JSWP terminology, color-coding, and methodology;
- the step-by-step scaffolding process for students of various ages and cognitive levels;
- how to present models to students and creative activities to practice the process; and
- how to assess the work created.
Materials are included in the price of the training and include a teacher's guide, student masters for copying, and a pen set.
Subject Area Participants: All Subjects, LS
Grade Level(s): PK-5
5-Part Series (Weekdays After Class):
- Dates: November 1, 8, 15, 29, and December 6
- Pacific Time - 3:00 - 4:30 P.M. (PST)
- Mountain Time - 4:00 - 5:30 P.M. (MST)
- Central Time - 5:00 - 6:30 P.M. (CST)
- Eastern Time - 6:00 - 7:30 P.M. (EST)
Credit Cards, Purchase Orders, and Business Checks Accepted.
Please note that sessions will be recorded for review purposes only. Online participants are expected to join us in real time and must attend at least 80% of the live training to earn a certificate of completion.